Friday, November 4, 2011

Poppy Pattern and Random Ramblings


If you watched my Poppy Headband video, and you're here for the pattern, here it is: 
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=101650270
Print it and use it as much as you want.

If you haven't seen the how-to yet and want to make this, watch it here:



And now, a little bragging...  I made two of these (so far), one for myself and one for my daughter, Isla.  The felt cost twenty cents.  I already had buttons, black elastic, needle and thread, paper, scissors, hot glue and tape (all pretty basic stuff for a mommy to have around the house).  So this craft only cost me ten cent each to make!  Pretty good considering that you can use it as a cute gift topper for Christmas, and even a cheap bow costs more than that.  Ahhh it feels good to save money!  Plus why not top your presents with something cute and wearable instead of a bow that will probably end up in the trash?


A quick money saving tip:  Save all your buttons and beads.  Just throw them in a box to look through whenever you need one.  If you have an old sweater or shirt, that isn't even worth donating, the buttons are probably still in perfect condition - cut them off and save them.  The extras that come with a new article of clothing - throw those in your box too (if you do loose one, you'll still have them, but you can use them for other projects too).  And any old beaded costume jewelry?  Save the beads too.  I remember my mom used to keep a Tupperware container full of buttons, and on rainy days, sometimes my sister and I would get to dump it out and sort through it.  Now that I mention it, that doesn't sound like so much fun, but believe me it was.  Not only did my mom have those for anything she needed a button for, it also provided hours of entertainment to her girls.  I thought they were sooooo pretty, and sometimes, if we were really lucky, we could even pick one out to use on a craft project of our own.  My sister and I started our own bead and button collections, and I still have two boxes full that I use for my projects now.  And they are still soooo pretty.  Maybe when Isla is a little older, she'll think it's fun to dig through mine looking for treasures and creative inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment