Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Everything

I'm taking a break from early Christmas preparation, to enjoy a little fall.  For me that means PUMPKIN!  Have you ever tried using pumpkin instead of the eggs and oil in a cake mix?  It cuts the fat, adds some extra nutrition and makes the most amazing cupcakes!  And that goes perfect with a pumpkin latte which is also nice with pumpkin oatmeal...
You get the idea.  I love pumpkins and I even love the way they look.  So to celebrate fall and pumpkins (my major pregnant craving in case you hadn't guessed), I came up with a cute autumn greeting card, so easy and fun you can do it with your kids.

Here's what you need:
Card Stock, Orange Tissue Paper, Green Paper Twist, a Green Crayon, Tape, Paper Glue and Scissors. 








I know the name of my blog would imply that someone should be napping while I work on these projects, but things don't always go as planned around here, and this time it was even better with my little helper.  If your kids are just a bit older than Isla, they might enjoy making these greeting cards too.  Paper crafts are always great starter crafts.  Isla preferred eating cookies and making comments while I made the card which was still lots of fun for me.  Plus she helped out by letting me use the green crayon.  Anytime you see me using crayons in my projects, you can assume they're actually hers (which explains the broken pieces you'll see in some videos).  It's nice to have a two-year-old who shares... even if it might require a cookie bribe.
I hope you enjoy making these simple paper crafts as much as I did, and now I think it's time for another pumpkin muffin!  Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment